Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Will Opposites Attract? The official question continues...

I am dating the GRINCH. I realize as I write this that I don't often say nice things about my very cute boyfriend. That's bad. He is very sweet and nice to me sometimes. He makes sure my car windows are defrosted in the morning, and eats the food on my plate I can't finish, and calls me "baby" and gives me kisses. All that good stuff.
BUT, he is the Grinch. He does not love Christmas, no he does not.
He hates it.
He doesn't want to go to any holiday parties, or to wake up early, or sing carols, or even wrap the presents he buys people. He doesn't like visiting family. He doesn't like holiday food. He doesn't care about luminaries or wreathes or mistletoe or twinkle lights. He doesn't enjoy snow.

I love it all, the baking, the decorating, the partying, the wrapping, the snug blankets and hot chocolate in front of the roaring fire...the LOVE. The presents giving and receiving. The midnight mass. Snow piled to the top of the roof (I wish). The memories present, future, past. I love it all.

So we make a funny pair. The tree goes up, and I stand in rapture, dazzled by its glory. He wants to know whether the fake snow is going to stain the carpet. (By the way, not even his carpet.)

If I don't see some improvement, I'm winging a brandy-soaked fruitcake at his head.

i've mostly been nice. just a little naughty at janeh928@yahoo.com

2 Comments:

Blogger The Lumberjack said...

This is the Lumberjack here..

It's been interesting reading about the goings on/adventures of Jackie. The stories, they are true, all true. Fat cats, gay cats, grinches, faries, Millenium Falcons, and rhyming poetries with landish tunes... everyone should be having this much fun.

2:45 PM  
Blogger The Lumberjack said...

The Lumberjack again...

Special Brownies for all!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home