Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Garage sales and Rhubarb pies...

I love the Scotsman. He took me to his grammy's this weekend for an all town garage sale and we spent Saturday looking at antique tables, drinking glasses from the '60s, Craftsman workbenches and all the weird stuff people think you'll buy from their backyard.
It was a lot of fun. Mainly because he's so enthusiastic about things like tin snips and axe handles.
And he got so excited about the workbench that I thought he was going to die.
(Lumberjack, the yard sale thing, it's another reason that you'll love the Scotsman!)
We also went to the church breakfast, lunch and bake sale. I had just the BEST rhubarb pie ev-ar. THAT was what I was excited about. (It's a wonder I'm not a whale, in all honesty!)
On Saturday afternoon, because we had attended a party on Friday night, then drove to Illinois immediately afterward, I took a long nap.
The Scotsman chainsawed wood in the backyard, then went to help his dad move farming equipment, and that took forever, but I think he even had fun doing that. He came home covered in dirt! And smelly! But I still wanted to kiss him!
(Lumberjack--that's your cue to come over to G-field and hit me for being cheesy and in love!)
On Sunday, he got to experience for the first time ever, Jane: Crying for No Reason. (It was hormonal, and he's glad he's not a girl) But he was very nice about it, and hugged me and asked if there was anything he could do, which, in this kind of a situation there isn't, except for being nice and asking what you can do, so he did the right thing and he didn't even know it.
I want to marry him.

I feel like one of those people who you see kissing on the sidewalk as if no one was watching and getting grossed out.

get a room for crying out loud! at janeh928@yahoo.com

2 Comments:

Blogger The Lumberjack said...

can't wait to meet the Scotsman here shortly... speaking of, how short is that kilt of his ;o) maybe we'll get to check out his uber-cool Scottish legs!

Garage sale shopping & cutting wood?! are you kidding, he is so in.

luvs!

10:29 PM  
Blogger kittybrunette said...

His uber-cool Scottish legs are
1.) massive as tree trunks, and very sexy
2.) all beat to hell by the things he does. he sports the war-wounds of a crazy frat-boy!

See you soon!
the kitty

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home