Wednesday, September 28, 2005

OHHH NOOOOOOoooooooo!
(and other stories)

The Blockbuster Video people in my town may be evicted over some stupid tax issue. When another reporter pitched that story for our paper yesterday, I almost had a heart attack. In the middle of our planning meeting, I actually yelled out, "OH NO! Not Blockbuster. If they get evicted there goes my date for Friday nights." (much dramatic waving of arms and fake fainting motions)
My editor was like, "What?!"
And I said, "Well, on Friday nights I talk to the brown-haired video boy while I get my movies for the weekend. It's a ritual."
Everyone burst out laughing and my editor said, "Jane, you live a very sad life."
It's true, I live a very sad life.

Today is my birthday. I am 25. I have no boyfriend, no prospects for a boyfriend. I work in the town I went to highschool in. My roommate is leaving in December and I have no one else to live with and not enough money to live by myself. Danger of moving back with parents could be imminent. My cat expects me to be home on Friday nights because I always am, watching movies. I live a very sad life.

But, things could improve. I think if I put my mind to it, got a new job, moved to a new place, things could be different. I am pretty cute, and I am intelligent, and who wouldn't want to date a girl with a mini-cougar as a pet? And I can write like a mad-woman.

Also-- I have the same birthday as Gwyneth Paltrow.

Really, I just ROCK, and no one knows it yet.

try the beef sauce, it's delicious. Shazaam! at janeh928@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home